Grow sprouts for nutrition packed home ground flour
Use your dehydrator and sprouter to make nutritious, high protein Ezekiel flour, and make your own healthy, filling bread from scratch with a Kitchen Warehouse recipe.
Step One: Grow Sprouts
- Wheat, barley and spelt grains
- Run the seeds briefly under water in the glass dome, allow them to drip into the integrated strainer. Cover with glass dome and place the sprouting jar in a warm place.
- Repeat this procedure twice a day until sprouts have tails about 6mm long.
- Place grains in a bowl and cover with cool water, cover with paper towel and stand in warm spot overnight.
- The next morning rinse the grains in a colander then spread evenly onto a baking tray spread with paper towels. Dampen paper towels and cover the grains. Moisten these paper towels twice daily.
Step Two: Dry grains
Dry your sprouted grains in a dehydrator overnight, ready to mill.
Step Three: Grind
Makes 6 cups of Ezekiel Flour
- 2 ½ cups sprouted wheat berries
- 1½ cups sprouted spelt grains
- 1½ cups sprouted barley grains
- ½ cup millet
- ¼ cup dry green lentils
- 2 tablespoons dry great Northern beans
- 2 tablespoons dry kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons dried pinto beans
Grind together. Flour can be stored in an airtight container.