The history of eating dumplings in China goes back over 18,000 years. Dumplings are a popular dish for the Lunar New Year as they are considered lucky. The luckiest dumplings have a large number of pleats – guaranteed by using the Kitchen Warehouse dumpling maker. You can place a white thread or coin in one of the dumplings for extra luck to the person who finds it.
How to Make Dumplings with a Dumpling Maker
Dumpling filling and wrappers (see recipe for Pork Dumpling Recipe).
- Lay circles of pastry on the dumpling maker.
- Wet the edges with water.
- Place the filling in the centre.
- Fold the dumpling maker in half.
- Press firmly.
- Open and remove pressed dumpling.
Have a Lucky Chinese New Year!
You can make 2-3 different sized dumplings with a dumpling maker.