Nothing beats a pot roast—everything in one pan, veggies flavoured by cooking juices, meat oh-so-tender. And when you throw Instant Pot into the mix, it’s also super fast (and did we mention sooo tender). This version even comes with a recipe for sweet and tangy apple-orange chutney to top your (did we mention meltingly tender) pork. What’s not to love?
With less than 10 minutes preparation time, 20 minutes roasting time and 20 minutes resting time – we guarantee you’re going to be wondering how you even did life before Instant Pot. Serves six.
Roast Pork Loin
- 1kg pork loin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 large onion, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- Apple-Orange Chutney, (optional, see recipe below)
- Fresh pomegranate seeds for garnish (optional)
- 8 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ medium white onion, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
To make the roast pork loin
- Season pork roast with salt and pepper.
- Press the Sauté function to heat up the Instant Pot inner pot. When the display reads “Hot,” add butter. As soon as butter melts, add the pork roast and sear it, approximately four minutes per side.
- Pour in the apple juice and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pot. Add the onion and sauté until they turn translucent. Press Cancel to turn off the Sauté function. Note: Do not use the pressure cooker lid when sautéing. If you have not pressed Cancel, the cooker will automatically enter standby mode after 30 minutes.
- Lock the lid into place, ensuring the valve is turned to the Sealing position. Press the Pressure Cook (Manual) function and set the pressure on High and the time to 20 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, let the pot sit for 15 minutes, and then turn the steam release knob to Venting position to quickly release any remaining pressure.
- Unlock then remove the lid and transfer the pork to a cutting board. Let the pork rest for 5 minutes, and then cut it into three-quarter-inch slices.
- Top the pork roast with chutney and fresh pomegranate seeds, if using.
To make the Apple-Orange chutney
- Place all the ingredients in the Instant Pot inner pot and use a wooden spoon to stir until everything is incorporated well.
- Lock the lid into place, ensuring the valve is turned to the Sealing position. Press the Pressure Cook function and set pressure on Low and time to 10 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, turn the valve to the Venting position to quickly release the pressure. Unlock and remove the lid then stir, and serve the chutney either hot or cold.
Discover easy cooking with Instant Pot and find more recipes here.
Recipe and image were adapted from Instant Pot.