These are simple to prepare and serve to friends or family. Double the recipe and freeze some of the uncooked meatballs to use later.
- 250g Pork Mince
- 250g Veal Mince
- 1 Onion grated
- 2 Cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 Tsp Dried Basil
- 700g Italian Passata or Sugocasa sauce
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese finely grated
- 1/2 Cup Uncooked Risoni or breadcrumbs
- Combine veal and pork mince, risoni, onion, garlic, basil, thyme, 1/4 cup parmesan and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and brown in some olive oil
- Once browned cover in passata, bring to the boil and then simmer for 45 minutes with lid on.
- The longer you simmer the better they taste. Leave the lid off at the end so the sauce reduces a bit
- Serve with your favourite pasta with mozzarella and or parmesan sprinkled on top.