Roast chicken dishes are always a guaranteed crowd pleaser and this Lemon & Herb Roasted Chicken recipe is no exception.
The intense flavours of the herb mixture combine brilliantly with the tangy sweetness of the lemon to form a powerful experience for your taste buds against the succulent roasted chicken. This versatile cut of flavoured meat will pair fantastically with both hot and cold sides, so get creative with your vegetable and salad combinations!
The recipe takes under 2 hours to make and serves 8!
Lemon & Herb Roasted Chicken
PREP TIME: 15 Minutes
COOK TIME: 90 Minutes
- 2 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 roasting chicken
- 2 lemons
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Combine the seasoning, salt, mustard powder, garlic salt and black pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Rinse the chicken thoroughly removing giblets and place in a 21.5cm x 31cm baking dish.
- Juice the 2 lemons into a small bowl and mix in the olive oil and spice mixture.
- Coat the chicken thoroughly inside and out with the mixture and use any leftovers to drizzle over the top.
- Put in oven and bake for 90 minutes or until juice runs clear making sure to baste a few times with the juices.
- Take out the oven and serve with roasted vegetables of your choice or fresh salads.
Try this tasty roast chicken recipe for yourself and tell us how you went in the comment section below.