You don’t have to take the fun out of desserts when you’re on a diet. This low-fat alternative to ice cream contains yummy frozen yoghurt base and flavourful peaches that add colour and texture to your summer treat. While the rum is an optional twist, this peach rum frozen yoghurt recipe is truly a perfect dessert for entertaining, especially this summer season!
Whether you’re throwing parties where kids are restless for a treat or cocktail party with friends in the back garden, you can simply add and minus the rum in this peach frozen yoghurt recipe. And because it’s peaches’ peak season, you can even add more slices or double the recipe to get the most out of your growing tree or oversupply in the pantry.
Even more so, the yoghurt base is as versatile as it can get. Simply substitute peach to other seasonal fruits you have at home and enjoy some more flavour to this refreshing treat.
- Vitamix Ascent 3500i Blender
- Digital weighing scale
- Measuring jug
- Measuring spoons
- Silicone spatula
- Loaf pan
- Parchment or baking paper
- 360ml (1½ cup) vanilla yoghurt
- 680g (1½ lb) frozen peach slices
- 2 tbsp honey or sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp dark rum (optional)
- Place all ingredients into your Vitamix jug in the order listed above and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1 or the Frozen Dessert program.
- Start the machine, slowly increasing to its highest speed, and blend for 45 seconds, or start the machine and allow the Frozen Dessert program to complete. Use the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Serve immediately.
- To enjoy your frozen treat right away, make sure your yoghurt and peaches or any other fruit are perfectly chilled before blending.
- But if you’re not in hurry to serve or enjoy the treat, you can simply transfer the mix into a parchment paper-lined loaf pan or freezer-safe container and freeze for a minimum of 6 hours, or preferably overnight.
Recipe and images adapted from Vitamix.