Add a twist to the snag on the barbie this year with this tasty sausage recipe.
For an extra special Australia Day sausage, make your own with a Kitchen Warehouse sausage making kits and sausage making accessories.
Mustard Honey BBQ Sausages for Australia Day
To Make Sausages:
Check out our comprehensive BBQ accessory checklist
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 2 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 12 thin beef sausages
- ½ c. sour cream
- 2 Tbsp finely-chopped chives
- An hour before cooking time, combine honey, oil, mustard and garlic in a large glass or ceramic dish.
- Add sausages and coat well in honey mustard mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Cook on bbq on high heat, basting frequently with honey mustard marinade.
Serve your sausages in a bun with onion and your favourite sauces, or add to a potato salad and coleslaw in the good Aussie tradition.
On a related note:
Find a range of delicious recipes for your Australia Day BBQ at:
and in the Homemade Sausage Cookbook from Kitchen Warehouse