This Asian chicken stir-fry recipe is simple and healthy, but definitely not lacking in the taste department. Marinated chicken strips are stir-fried with red and green capsicums, which add colour and sweetness to the dish.
The instructions are easy to follow; even those with minimal cooking experience can make this! This Asian chicken stir-fry is best served over fried rice.
Tip: For a tastier chicken, marinate the chicken overnight.
Asian Chicken Stir-Fry
A delicious Asian chicken stir-fry with red and green capsicums. Simple and easy to make, this is best served over fried rice for dinners.
- 680g boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1 medium red capsicum, sliced into strips
- 1 medium green capsicum, sliced into strips
- In a bowl, mix together chicken, soy sauce and lemon juice.
- Marinate for at least an hour.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
- Add and saute ginger, garlic and onion.
- Add the chicken strips and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper, hoisin sauce and sesame oil.
- Continue to stir-fry.
- Lastly, add red and green capsicums and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Serve over fried rice.