Learn how to unlock the mighty power of a pressure cooker and you’ll fast track to fuss-free, super easy and incredibly delicious meals.
Marie from Tefal Australia shares this incredible recipe for using a pressure cooker to make risotto in seven minutes. Yes, we said seven.
It’s creamy, tasty and destined to become a weeknight family favourite.
- Tefal Clipso Minut Perfect Pressure Cooker 9L
- Digital scale
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
- Wooden spoon
- 60ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups risotto rice
- 250ml dry white wine (optional)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 200g mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped pumpkin
- 100g fresh parsley
- 200g grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Lightly sauté the garlic and onion in olive oil until onion becomes soft.
- Add rice and mix with onion until coated in oil. Add wine if using. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add stock, mushrooms and pumpkin. Stir. Bring to simmer point and close lid.
- Cook on high pressure for 7 minutes. Use the quick-release method to open immediately. Stir and add half the cheese and parsley.
- Serve sprinkled with remaining cheese.
- You can substitute or add favourite foods like chicken, asparagus, prawns, vegetables, cheeses etc.