So you’re finally settled in your dream home, most of your belongings have been unpacked, and everything’s in order. Now it’s time for the exciting finale of moving in: welcoming your guests to your home by hosting a housewarming party!
Over the years, coffee has gotten more attention from people across the globe. It isn’t just your wake me up juice in the morning anymore – coffee has become a main ingredient in many other food staples, including desserts, of course. In the spirit of the coming winter, here are 6 of the best coffee-themed desserts that you should definitely check out:
Winter is almost here, and it’s time to prepare all the recipes to keep ourselves warm and cosy during the cold months. We’ve featured casseroles in the past, but here are three other ways to enjoy the tastiest treats while still keeping warm. For the few of us who are morning persons, or at least have to get up early for work or school, the importance of having a hearty and delicious breakfast cannot be underrated. And of course, a go-to cup of hot chocolate – as well as a yummy dessert for later – cannot be missed! With this in mind, here are 3 winter recipes to help you kick off your day with some yummy dishes right off the bat!
No one will say no to a slice (or two) of rocky road goodness if it was handed to them. But everything’s better when effort is put into the cooking and preparation. There are a lot of rocky road recipe varieties all over the world – some with their own quirks and fun add-ons added to the table. Below is one of the most basic, but just as satisfying, rocky road recipes.
Tis’ the season to enjoy these delicious Christmas Cinnamon Cookies! Festive, fun and oh-so-yummy, this batch of cookies will excite and tantalise your taste buds with its cinnamon infused shortbread base topped off with lemon-tinged icing!
With their charming design, these cookies would make a lovely little gift for someone! Bundle 4 or 5 together, tie with some red ribbon and voilà, you have a tasty, thoughtful and festive way to show someone you care this Christmas!
The recipe makes approximately 25 cookies (dependant on the size star cutter you use) and takes just 15-20 minutes to bake.
Christmas Cinnamon Cookies!
SERVINGS: Approx 25
PREP TIME: 30 Minutes
COOK TIME: 15-20 Minutes
- Melted butter, to grease
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour plus a little extra to dust
- 2/3 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 225 g cold butter, coarsely chopped
- For icing, 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 cups pure icing sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 150°C and brush 2 large baking trays with melted butter.
- Combine the flour, rice flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Rub in the butter using your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Turn on to a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Roll dough out until 1cm thick and then use a star pastry cutter to cut shapes from dough.
- Place cut outs on prepared trays and back in oven for 15-20 minutes, making sure to swap trays halfway through cooking or until biscuits starts to change colour.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for an hour.
- Meanwhile, for the icing lightly whisk egg white and lemon juice together in a bowl.
- Gradually add in icing sugar whisking until smooth and combined.
- Once cookies have cooled, dip them on one side in the icing and place on a plate.
- Repeat with all cookies and the place in fridge for 15 – 20 minutes to allow icing to set.
Try this classic Christmas recipe for yourself and tell us what you thought in the comment section below!
If there was an award given out for favourite party food, we’d guess home-made mini sausage rolls would take it out almost every time! Loved for their bite-sized convenience, these home-made mini sausage rolls will impress you with their flavoursome meat centre and crisp pastry finish!
What is it about macarons that makes even the most accomplished cook a little nervous? It’s definitely one of the more intricately difficult desserts to perfect, but instead of giving up and heading to your local bakery for a macaron fix, why don’t you try your hand at this beginners Chocolate Macaron recipe instead?