Because a good jam is always on our radar, we teamed up with Kilner and Alex Elliott-Howery from Cornersmith to give you this swoon-worthy strawberry & rhubarb jam recipe – perfect for scones!Continue reading “Strawberry & Rhubarb Jam Recipe with Alex from Cornersmith”
Making preserves at home is a rewarding hobby, not to mention very addictive. And while seasonal produce is best for preserving, having good jars on hand is also a must. In this guest post, Cornersmith founder and owner Alex Elliot-Howery shares why choosing high-quality equipment is important when preserving food.Continue reading “Preserving Basics with Cornersmith”
In this guest post, the sugarologist Claudia Anton shares a beloved family recipe for Berliner doughnuts and talks about how her German heritage has enriched her life and cooking.Continue reading “Claudia Anton’s Berliner Doughnuts Recipe”
Blueberries are in season! Make the most of it by batching some of this sugar-free blueberry jam. This delicious recipe from Kilner uses no sweeteners and instead highlights the natural sweetness and tartness of this wonderful berry.Continue reading “Sugar-Free Blueberry Jam Recipe”
We ask 10 outstanding food bloggers to share recipes they learnt from the significant mother in their lives. Janessa Rutter of Glutenfree Sugarfree was lucky enough to get a peek at her mother-in-laws handwritten family recipe book and chose this delicious Coconut Jam Slice tweaked to make it gluten & refined sugar free.
Continue reading “Coconut Jam Slice Recipe #passdownthelove”
QUICK RHUBARB JAM
Making and preserving your jam is easy and great for using up those ripe summer fruits to enjoy in the winter months. When those ripe summer fruits aren’t available there are always great alternatives like this Rhubarb Jam. Try it paired with creamy Brie cheese or over toasted Brioche bread.
Continue reading “Jam Preserve”
Easy, Serves 8 Jars
This is a really easy jam to make and a good way to use all your excess figs Continue reading “Fig Jam”
Easy, , Serves 8 Jars
This is a lovely twist on the traditional apricot jam. If you do not want to use wine substitute for water. The alcohol cooks out and leave a great flavour
- 5 Cups Chopped Apricots pits discarded
- 2 + 3/4 Cups Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Riesling
- 5 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Place the apricots, sugar, wine, and lemon juice in a large, thick-bottomed, stainless steel pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Place a couple small plates in the freezer, these will be used to test the jam later.
- The mixture will boil and rise in volume. Skim off the pale yellow foam that forms at the top and discard. The boil will subside to larger bubbles, but still bubble vigorously. Be sure to begin gently stirring the jam frequently to prevent it from sticking to the bottom.
- After about 25 minutes begin testing the jam by placing a small amount on a cold plate. Allow 30 seconds to pass and then run your finger through it to see what the cooled consistency will be. Boil for a few minutes longer if desired for a thicker jam.
- Ladle into hot, sterilized canning jars and seal leaving 1/4 inch of head space. Before applying the lids, sterilize the lids by placing them in a bowl and pouring boiling water over them. Wipe the rims of the jars clean before applying the lids.
This delectable, but simple Scone recipe is best eaten with your favourite jam and a dollop of whipped cream, and served on the best china. Enjoy your scones as part of a high tea or on their own for a Devonshire tea. Making hot, fluffy scones is super simple and quick, and is an effortless way to impress Mum or Mum-in-law! This recipe can be made with or without added fruit.
Continue reading “Traditional Fruit Scones with Jam & Cream”
Any Berry Jam
The Any Berry Jam Recipe is perfect for those times when you find yourself with an overload of excess berries and not enough time or people to consume them! Instead of letting all this delicious fruit go to waste, preserve them in a delicious jam recipe that tastes great with cheeses, on bread and even in cakes. Home made jam preserves make fantastic gifts too – thoughtful and delicious!
Continue reading “Preserving: Any Berry Jam Recipe”